In-House Training

The Division of Liquor Control allows businesses to take a train the trainer approach to meeting the certification requirement with their employees using our In-House Training Program.  In-House certifications are not transferrable between businesses and are not acceptable for licensing.

Only Certified DLC In-House Trainers are permitted to deliver In-House Training.    You can check on your trainer status or look up the Certified In-House Trainer at your business  by  clicking  here. *This list is only updated once weekly.

  • To apply to be a Certified In-House Trainer fill out the form by   clicking  here  AND   register to attend a  mandatory 1-Hour Train the Trainer seminar from the Classroom/Virtual Seminars on our seminar page.  Certified Trainers must hold a current DLC training certification in the respective license area(s). 

Anyone previously trained using the In-House Training Program must be retrained  by a Certified In-House Trainer by October 1, 2021.   

The Education  Publications page has printable PDFs of  mandatory and other posters.  The Education Resources page includes helpful links, as well as information about our ID Checking Tools.

**The In-House material's content  does not reflect any of the TEMPORARY RULES in the Governor's Executive Orders or Directives. It does not include the temporary rules for alcohol delivery, takeout and curbside pickup of alcoholic beverages, seating restrictions, the temporary 90-day extension for expired IDs or any other temporary rules . For full information visit the Agency of Commerce and Community Development's website . You can also find information at Governor Scott's website or on our COVID FAQ page here .*


How to Reach Us

Patrick T. Delaney, Commissioner
13 Green Mountain Drive
Montpelier VT 05602

Complete Contact List


Public Information Requests

Gary Kessler, Deputy Commissioner

Click Here - For Statewide Public Records Database