Skip to main content


Regulated substance

Supplier License

A supplier license is for those who supply spirits to the Vermont Division of Liquor Control. 

Who should apply for this license?

A Supplier License is for those who would like to provide products to the Division of Liquor Control for sale in their agency stores. 

Wholesaler Trade Practice Webinar

Recorded: October 11, 2018

Presenter: Chief Skyler Genest

This is a 1 hour webinar explaining federal trade practice violations and Vermont specific application.


In-House Materials Order Form

Materials for the In-House Training can be accessed online FOR FREE.  You would only need to order materials if online access is an issue. You can order a hard copy of the current materials to be sent to your business. 
Those delivering In-House training must have completed a Train the Trainer session. To register for a Train the Trainer Session, go to the Classroom link from our Seminar Page here


The Vermont Division of Liquor Control (DLC) was created in 1933, when the 21st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution repealed the Volstead Act (Prohibition). Control of the sale and distribution of alcohol was then transferred to state governments. In response, all states instituted some form of three-tier system of producers, wholesale distributors, and retailers to promote moderation in consumption, prevent concentration of power, and raise revenues through taxes.

About Us


The Vermont Department of Liquor and Lottery (DLL) provides a regulatory framework of licensing, compliance, enforcement, and education for the responsible sale and consumption of alcohol, tobacco, and gaming entertainment, ensuring public safety and contributing 100% of profits to Vermont communities through the General and Education funds.

802Spirits State Liquor Agency License

An 802Spirits state liquor agency license is for those who want to operate an 802Spirits Vermont liquor agency. 

Who should apply for this license?

An 802Spirits State Liquor Agency License is for a store that sells spirits. 

Subscribe to Alcohol