Run a Store Selling Beer, Wine or Tobacco

A Second Class License allows a store to sell beer and wine only, to the public for consumption off the premises and to export (out of the state) malt or vinous beverages only (provided that the licensee follows the guidelines for importation of malt or vinous beverages into that state).

A Second Class License holder may also apply for a Fortified Wine Permit which allows the licensee to purchase listed fortified wines and order case loads of non-listed  (by Department of Liquor Control Agencies) fortified wine products for resale.

Second Class Licensees can ship vinous beverages out of state provided that the licensee follows the guidelines for importation of vinous beverages into that state. The law does not allow for shipping to consumers in state.


How to Reach Us

Patrick T. Delaney, Commissioner
Wendy Knight, Deputy Commissioner
13 Green Mountain Drive
Montpelier VT 05602

Complete Contact List

Public Information Requests

Wendy Knight, Deputy Commissioner, Liquor Control

Click Here - For Statewide Public Records Database


Vermont Board of Liquor and Lottery