Skip to main content

Known Portal Issues

Click link for more information

How to Apply for a License to Sell Beer and Wine

This license is obtained by downloading the Wholesale Dealer's License application form.  It is also necessary to have a Solicitor's permit for every employee who solicits orders for your company.

Complete and submit the application to the Department of Liquor Control with the appropriate fees.

All applicants will need to produce a copy of the following as well:

  • Federal Basic Permit
  • Trade name registration which is obtained through the Secretary of States Office.
  • Your Federal employee identification number (FEIN)
  • Your sales and use certificate, from the Vermont Department of Taxes
  • Proof of training in regards to Vermont's liquor laws, rules and regulations through the Department of Liquor Control
  • A copy of your lease and/or proof of ownership of the property to be licensed
  • If you have employees you will need to provide proof of Workman's Compensation Insurance
  • If applicable, a copy of your naturalization certificate

Important to remember:  All documents must be in the name of the entity applying for the license.

Contact information for all of the above:

As always please familiarize yourself with Vermont Laws and Regulations concerning Liquor Control.