Skip to main content

Known Portal Issues

Click link for more information

Operate a Restaurant or Bar

First and Third Class Licenses

A First Class License allows an establishment to serve beer and wine.  Establishments that intend to serve spirits must also apply for a Third Class License.  Both the First Class and the Third License must be approved by the locality before application can be made to the Department of Liquor Control.  Both the First and the Third Class License applications can be submitted to the DLC at the same time.

First and Third Class License holders may also apply for a Caterer's License to cater off-premise events or an Outside Consumption Permit to serve alcohol on all or part of the designated outside premises of the license holder.

Commercial Caterers will also apply for  First and Third Class Licenses in order to serve alcohol at their catered events.