This license is obtained by downloading the Wholesale Dealer's License application form. It is also necessary to have a Solicitor's permit for every employee who solicits orders for your company.
Complete and submit the application to the Department of Liquor Control with the appropriate fees.
All applicants will need to produce a copy of the following as well:
- Federal Basic Permit
- Insurance bond in the amount of $1,000.00 (for the first year, amount is subject to change every year depending on sales)
- Trade name registration which is obtained through the Secretary of States Office.
- Your Federal employee identification number (FEIN)
- Your sales and use certificate, from the Vermont Department of Taxes
- Proof of training in regards to Vermont's liquor laws, rules and regulations through the Department of Liquor Control
- A copy of your lease and/or proof of ownership of the property to be licensed
- If you have employees you will need to provide proof of Workman's Compensation Insurance
- If applicable, a copy of your naturalization certificate
Important to remember: All documents must be in the name of the entity applying for the license.
Contact information for all of the above:
- Vermont Department of Liquor Control Forms
- Secretary of State Office (for corporations, LLC, partnerships) 802-828-2386
- VT Business Tax Office 802-828-2551
- TTB (federal ,government) 800-937-8864
- Health Department 802-863-7221
- DLC Education
- Licensing, DLC 802-828-2339
- Vermont Liquor Laws and Regulations
As always please familiarize yourself with Vermont Laws and Regulations concerning Liquor Control.